AIM HIGH Flight Academy Application 2022
Who may apply?
In order to apply for this program, you must be between the ages of 16-23 (born on/after 13 August 1999 and on/before 28 May 2006).
1. Be at least 16 years old by 1 June in the year of the desired AIM HIGH Flight Academy.
2. Have a cumulative grade point average (CGPA) of 3.0 or above (on a 4.0 scale).
3. The student’s High School Principal must verify their GPA. The principle must confirm the student has not exhibited any detrimental conduct during the previous school year.
4. A strategic partner (p.8) must nominate students and complete the nominating form (p.7) with the application. Additionally, a nationally recognized leadership and/or aviation program can nominate students of sound moral fiber.
5. Not currently hold a private pilot's certificate.
Date of Birth
This field has multiple selections enabled. Select all races or ethnicities that you identify with.
Asian or Pacific Islander
American Indian or Alaskan Native
State or Territory
Name of School
How did you hear about AIM HIGH Flight Academy?
Last day of Summer of 2020 or graduation date
First day of school Fall 2020
Are you currently employed?
If so, please list your title:
Have you held a leadership position in your school or community in the last 24 months?
If so, please list your title(s):
Have you been part of a team in the past 24 months?
If so, please specify what kind of team?
Total # of hours
Ground school complete/certificate issued
Air Force Junior ROTC member
AFJROTC Unit #
Civil Air Patrol member
Civil Air Patrol Unit:
What is your current involvement in aviation or what do you hope to achieve if selected for this program:
List your Flight/STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math) experiences, level/classes or programs:
Examples are: Air Camp, Aeroeducate.org, Inspiration4 Flight, Youth Aviation Adventure, etc:
Alternate Flight Academy Certification
Through the AIM HIGH Flight Academy application process, you have the opportunity to be selected for an AFROTC flight academy. Your answer to the following question has no effect on whether you will be selected or not. If you are okay with attending a AFJROTC Flight Academy, please check this box:
For Juniors and Seniors ONLY
I am a Junior or Senior and I am interested in applying for an Air Force ROTC 4-Year college scholarship.
I am a Junior or Senior and I am interested in applying to the Air Force Academy and having an Academy Liaison Officer contact me about the Academy Admission process.
Student and Parent/Guardian Verification
Typed name/date below confirms all of the above information and certifies that it is true/accurate
Student Verification Name
Student Verification Date
Student Verification Parent
Student Verification Parent Date
Parent or Legal Guardian Approval and Recommendations Upload
Please attach the following:
1) Applicant Certification initialed (Page 1)
2) Parent/Legal Guardian Approval (if under 18) (Page 3)
3) Nominating Organization Recommendation Form (Page 7)
And one of the following:
4) High School Principal/Counselor Recommendation, if applicable (Page 4)
5) USAFA AOC/AFROTC Detachment CC Recommendation, if applicable (Page 5)
6) Squadron Commander or Equivalent Recommendation, if applicable (Page 6)
Send me a copy of my responses
Your submission is being processed. Please do not close this browser window until complete.